Altered Fates is a shared universe created by Jennifer Adams, and is possibly the most widely recognized and used in the transgender community. It focuses on the Medallion of Zulo, a medallion capable of performing body swaps by being touched to a person or a piece of clothing worn by them.
The body swaps used the the Altered Fates universe are unique because they consist of processes, instead of instantaneous switching from one body to another.
Mechanics of Altered FatesEdit
This text is taken from Crystal's Storysite
- The medallion looks like cheap costume jewelry. No matter how well it is cleaned up it still looks
- No one ever pays much, if anything, for the medallion. Refer to #1.
- It has a picture of an angel or a fairy holding a wand, it has also been discribed as possibly something
demonic, since the origin is unknown I suppose that is possible. There is also strange writing around the outer edge on the front and the back of it is blank, it looks as though there may have been writing on it at <*The medallion transforms the wearer, meaning that if the wearer removes the medallion the TF stops right there. If a character takes the medallion off during an equine TF(into a horse) and removes the medallion while he only has a tail. He will be a man with a horses tail for twelve hours. (Refer to #2).
- A person's body can only handle one TF by the medallion in twelve hours. It takes time for the body to
- If one wears the medallion and another touches the medallion it will produce a form swap, or they will
look like the other used to. As long as the wearer hasn't TF'ed with it in the last twelve hours, in which case, nothing will happen.(refer to #2)
- If a woman is menstruating or pregnant, the medallion will not completely TF her and then will
auto-reverse the TF immediately. This works for someone starting as female to begin with or a TG'ed woman. Before the medallion will work on a pregnant/menstruating woman. She must complete the pregnancy/menstruating and her body chemistry must return to it's pre-pregnancy/menstruating state.
- The medallion only does slight mental changes. Very minor ones can and are sometimes done by the
medallion. Stronger mental changes can be made but there has to be a prompt from an outside force. As in the wearer donning a wedding band, then they might automatically believe they are married, how to please their hubby/wife. That sort of thing.